Monday, March 31, 2008 |


All you need is LOVE.

Im not exaggerating. Ohmygoood. It is super! as in WOW. All you could ever asked for in a film is teemed in this movie. I was in awe. Hands down to Julie Taymor. Mygod. You're amazing. My jaw dropped for several times. haha! :) That's how good it is. It is just SUPER! I never really liked Musicals.. (well, I only watched 4 musicals in my entire life.. and one of which is Moulin Rouge which by the way is the only musical film I really loove) haha. now, Across the Universe is on its powerful level.. ranked first ! :)

Across the Universe is a fictional love story of Jude & Lucy.. Vietnam war. Turbulent years. Struggle of Civil Rights. People who wants peace and fighting for what they believe is morally good. The characters are named after the songs of the Beatles. And every scene is mind-blowing. whoaaaaa! The movie is ambitious and it is a success. ILOOOOVE IT. It took my breath away! Grabe. Now I understand why they are so popular and why the 60's is called the 'golden era'. Rock and Roll! I fell inlove with some of their songs. haha thanks to the Bloomfields.

I wish.. Filipinos can do a movie like this.