Friday, February 29, 2008 |

Why do you think people try to discover their life’s purpose without turning to God, their creator?

Let’s think about some answers on this one:

- If I turned to God I might lose control of my life.

- God might take away all my fun.

- If there is a God, He’s definitely bigger than me and probably has some demands on my life.

- We always want to do things ourselves. Theme song: “I Did It My Way.”

- We want to be in control of our own destiny.

- We are afraid of God, we don’t know God, or we find God too mysterious.

- We think God’s idea of purpose is probably pretty religious and definitely boring.

- We like religion about as much as we like politics; we don’t want to get into a discussion about either one.

- We don’t believe in creation. We’ll have to find a purpose apart from a designed existence because that’s what we learned to believe.

But what if God were a kind, loving creator who made us like Himself because He wanted a relationship with us, and gave us the ability to choose Him or not because He didn’t want robots? What if He actually has our best interests in mind? Wouldn’t you want to check it out?